Re: Eclipse 3.0 Running on Kaffe

Thomas Fogwill <tfogwill <at> csir.co.za> writes:

> This build runs fine (so far) with kaffe, but does not run at all with
> any other VMs: (tried: Sun's 1.4.2 JDK, SableVM, gij).
>
> As this is the case, would it not make sense to add the following to
> the /usr/bin/eclipse script?
>     -VM /usr/lib/kaffe/bin/java

Hm, I'd prefer to see it actually work with another VM, too, rather then tying
it to a single VM. SableVM developers also reported success running Eclipse3 it,
could you give the packages a try on it, as well?

As Jerry said, he'll bug everyone else with bug reports, so I'm sure that
whatever remaining small hacks are necessary for other VMs will happen quite
quickly. I'm looking forward to Eclipse in main on several free runtimes!

cheers,
dalibor topic