Re: Eclipse 3.0 Running on Kaffe

On Wed, 2005-12-01 at 17:16 -0600, Jerry Haltom wrote:
> Mine works on Sun's and Kaffes but does not work on Sable. Since the
> compiled class files work on Sun's (for me), I suspect that the compile
> created class files that are up to snuff, and JNI bindings that were
> standards compliant. SableVM throws a bunch of NPE's however. I suspect
> it's just a problem with the completeness of SableVM in Debian.

We rely on Debian to provide some basic libraries that Kaffe might
have included.  Could you please try these instructions:

	http://sablevm.org/wiki/Eclipse

Otherwise it will surely not work.  FWIK soon after SableVM 1.1.8
release GNU Classpath got fully merged a version of jaxp that is capable
of running Eclipse (the above instructions do not use jaxp).  We should
have the new, fixed version of jaxp included in 1.1.9.

Thanks,

			Grzegorz B. Prokopski
--
Grzegorz B. Prokopski           <gadek@sablevm.org>