Re: Co-maintaining Kaffe

Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
Take an account on Alioth (it'll be the same as your Debian login), drop
me a mail when you have your account and I'll add you to pkg-java
project. After that, we can setup a separate mailing list, then upload
kaffe with you and me as Uploaders and the list as the official
maintainer. I'll setup a cvs module for kaffe and also, if possible, a
cvs notification system.

Why not make debian-java the maintainer of Kaffe? We have little traffic here anyway and Kaffe is a rather important part of the Java in the Debian project. If and when the traffic on this list becomes excessive, then you can make debian-kaffe, but until that happens, I really think it might be better to have debian-java the maintainer for Kaffe.

Maybe our first step in co-maintaining kaffe could be to resolve the
problem with building kaffe on other arches. What do you think of my
proposal to remove all outdated builds, then only build kaffe on i386
and powerpc, and then, when kaffe will be in testing, we try to rebuild
it on 'any' arches.

It only builds in i386 and ppc anyway. Since Kaffe is not in Sarge, it only takes 2 days for it to migrate. Then it can be fixed for other archs in Sid *before* a new upstream is released.

- Adam