Re: Sparc java ?

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 19:23, Chasecreek Systemhouse wrote:
> OK, before I get TOO deep into this application build -- I must ask
> some questions.  How "compatible" is SableVM with these JARs?  I ask
> here on the debian java list because I am on an Ultrasparc (running
> 3.1:  Linux debian 2.4.27-1-sparc64 #1 Mon Aug 23 23:59:55 PDT 2004
> sparc64 GNU/Linux) and getting a compatible SUN java2 installation
> seems almost impossible at the moment.

SableVM works the same no matter what platform, so it's "compatible"
with any software to the same extent on all of them.  In particular
whether you use intel, amd64, sparc, alpha or arm should really make
no difference (I squashed last arch-specific bug related to handling
doubles on ARM some 2 months ago).

As for the software you mentioned below, I cannot say much as I have
not used any of these.  We had somebody using java-mysql JDBC driver,
but not PostgreSQL.  Try and tell us what your experiences were.
Even if you don't get it running, filling in a good bugreport with
complete description how to trigger a bug is very helpful, really.

This surely won't be "going too deep" yet, right?

Cheers,

			Grzegorz B. Prokopski

BTW: We've just released SableVM 1.1.7, but in fact Debian's 1.1.6-6
contains almost all important changes between upstream 1.1.6 and 1.1.7,
besides maybe updated Classpath and Generational GC.

	http://sablevm.org/lists/sablevm-announce/2004-November/000001.html

--
Grzegorz B. Prokopski      <gadek@debian.org>
Debian GNU/Linux           http://www.debian.org