Re: free-java-sdk usage

W liście z pon, 07-06-2004, godz. 04:28, Arnaud Vandyck pisze:
> "Grzegorz B. Prokopski" <gadek@debian.org> writes:
>
> > I could not add libgnujaxp-java as a Dependency of sablevm, because this
> > -java package depends on some native pieces (libgnujaxp-jni) that are
> > not available on one of the platforms SableVM supports in Debian.
> > Probably a wishlist bug against jaxp package would be in order.
>
> I thought jaxp was included in sablevm?

The sources are included in sablevm-classlib, because that's what the
upstream does, but they are not built nor installed.

> You should event Provides: jaxp, don't you?

Hmm... libjaxp1.2-java doesn't provide a virtual package called "jaxp".

But to answer your question: even if we had this code included in
our basic class libraries, it wouldn't replace & conflict & provide
"jaxp".

Inside our class-library sources we should have a better handling
of such situations.  I am working on it.  But this is not a showstopper
for now, I think.  And I wouldn't want to just include this code into
Debian archive once again, w/o any visible benefit, when there already
exist a package that provides this functionality and using it seems to
work just fine.

Cheers,

				Grzegorz B. Prokopski

--