Re: Packaging a Java-App

Hi again,

> > Could someone point me to a quick-start-guide on how to create .debs in
> > general and Java-.debs in particular?
>
> http://www.debian.org/devel/
> http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/java-policy/
> http://pkg-java.alioth.debian.org/developers.html
>
> you have a lot of examples in the pkg-java Alioth's CVS

Well, I am a real beginner in packaging applications. I have looked at
the policies mentioned and some examples from the CVS repository. It is
not _that_ complicated, but in the CVS only the Debian-specific control
files are stored and I don't see, where the source and/or binary files
of the application come into play.
Is there an easy-to-understand step by step instruction for making a
.deb for a really simple app, like mine? Something like 'Hello World'
for Debian?

/Roman