Packaging a Java-App

Hi list,

I've created a pretty nice (IMO) Java application, of which I also would
like to create a .deb file.
Could someone point me to a quick-start-guide on how to create .debs in
general and Java-.debs in particular?

Also, I am aware that, in the current state of Kaffe/Classpath it is not
possible to run that app with a free VM, since it makes extensive use of
Swing. When I find some time, I could write one or another Swing
implementations class. I wonder, who to contact, the  Kaffe folks or
Classpath or both?

/Roman
--
http://ontographics.com