Re: SwingWT

Hi Robin,

Robin Rawson-Tetley wrote:
On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 09:52:37PM +0100, Dalibor Topic wrote:

For Kaffe, you should be able to just grep | sed s/swingwt\.awt/java.awt
over the SwingWT sources (much more reliable than mastercl and without
any overhead translating classloader calls). You might have to remove
the AWT/Swing stuff from classpath - unless Kaffe supports
-bootclasspath (which I'm too lazy to look up right now).

It supports BOOTCLASSPATH, i.e. setting it via environment variables. :) But I'll add a real -bootclasspath option soon, as I'm rewriting argument parsing to use GNU AutoGen, and need it for merging in GNU Classpath's AWT and the various AWT implementations from PocketLinux.

SwingWT CVS seems to work well with Kaffe from CVS, according to http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2004-March/045747.html, so I'll be interested in trying to merge in SwingWT into kaffe eventually, as another Swing/AWT alternative, beside Kaffe's own Xlib and Qt-based ones, and the forthcoming GNU Classpath gtk based one, as well as the 10+ implementations from Pocketlinux Kaffe port and mighty cool Odonata[1] from Stephane Meslin-Weber.

Cheers (and keep up the great work with Kaffe!),

Thanks for the praise, and thanks for making Swing over SWT possible, something I always thought was impossible until I discovered your outstanding work. I'm glad I was wrong :)

cheers,
dalibor topic

[1] http://fbawt.adorphuye.com/