Re: kaffe-1.1.1 package available for tests

My apologies. We installed a new mail server and I was in a car wreck
shortly after so some configuration issues went unattended. I have built
packages for 1.1.1 for Intel and they seem to work well enough. I need
to verify that I can stop using pthreads. Under 1.0.7 I could not get
ant to spawn external processes when using native threads and therefore
could not use jikes as a compiler.

Additionally, I still question the wisdom of the shared JNI directory.
>From what I understand, there are different versions of JNI and you
cannot count on the idea that all JNI libraries are simply going to work
with all VMs. It's not clear to me that different versions of JNI can
even coexist on a single install with the current arrangement. If
someone can help me see the light on this stuff then I'd be happy to add
the JNI support. Otherwise I'm going to downgrade #167936 to wishlist
and not implement it.

Sorry again for my absentee behavior.

Ean Schuessler                                      ean@brainfood.com
Brainfood, Inc.                              http://www.brainfood.com