Re: kaffe-1.1.1 package available for tests

Arnaud Vandyck wrote:

I've just repack kaffe-1.1.1 (apt-get source kaffe; and uupdate)

Thanks a lot! We really need to have Kaffe 1.1 packages soon.

Unfortunately, your packages don't work - at least on i386. Building libant1.5-java with your Kaffe package fails. The Ant build process calls itself during the build (and thus starts a JVM) but using JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/kaffe does not compile and classes at all. The JVM simply does nothing.

When using my locally compiled Kaffe 1.1.1 (just ./configure; make; make install) it works fine (after creating /usr/local/kaffe/share/kaffe). So I guess the options to ./configure need to be fixed in debian/rules. Maybe upstream can help us finding the best options?

BTW, does Kaffe 1.1 still need libffi2-dev (on powerpc only) as specified in debian/control?

As I'm not a DD and also not the kaffe maintainer, I will not upload the
package, nor ask for a sponsor to upload it. As I did nothing special to
build  the package,  everybody feel  free  to modify  the changelog  and
upload

I think we should fix and test your Kaffe 1.1.1 packages and do an NMU if Ean does not answer within the next few days. Kaffe should also have at least one co-maintainer since it will be the base for many Java packages moving to main.

Stefan