Re: Eclipse2.1RC1: Bug?

Hi Takashi,

before uploading the RC2, please consider the following:
There was a (short) discussion about instability of the GTK version on the
java-debian board, and I'm having this severe problem too. I'm running a
Xinerama configuration on my dual-head graphic card, and as soon as I stretch
the Eclipse window over more than one screen, it will for sure hang soon later.
If happening so, I've got only two possibilities: Either I close it the "normal"
way (which mostly still works - what's hanging is the editor window) and loose
my workbench configuration, or I kill it by killing its processes. Both actions
are extremely ugly.
This behavious rarely occurs when I'm having the Eclipse window on one screen
only, but then it looks so crowded that I hardly see where I'm working. Is this
a common GTK bug and could be solved by installing the motif version, i.e. could
you pack the motif version too? I would love to try the other one because I'm
killing and restarting my Eclipse about 5 to 10 times an hour!

Thanx anyway for your great work
Florian