Re: Eclipse2.1RC1 package

From: Jan Schulz <muelleimer@usenet.katzien.de>
Subject: Re: Eclipse2.1RC1 package
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 02:18:18 +0100
> * Please provide a directory in /usr/local, where one can install
> plugins, without the need to put it into /usr/lib/eclipse.

I think use mpkg-j2sdk to build deb and install it is better.

> The way to do that is to put a '.link' file into the subdir
> /usr/lib/eclipse/links with content
> |path=/usr/local/ext_plugins
> (only one entry, but more than one file, normal java properties file)

Thanks, I don't know it. I will add path at /usr/local, then local
plugin should be installed /usr/local/eclipse/plugins.

> (echo "path=$HOME/.eclipse" > .../links/.user).

I think it's difficult because when sevral users do it, then links
directory have configurations for each users. So one configuration
effect others.

> * Eclipse has a lot of command args, like for example
> -debug and the whole --vmargs (I usually put a -Xmx256M there...).
> It would be great to have a config or eclipserc file for that. As a
> developper you also may have different jdks installed and maybe the
> one to execute eclipse is a different one than the one linked to
> /usr/bin/java.

It's good idea. I'll add $HOME/.eclipserc file for it.

Thanks for a lot of comments, Jan.

Takashi Okamoto