Re: Debianized Eclipse 2.1M5

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Takashi Okamoto wrote:

> From: Roberto Franchini <f.rank@libero.it>
> Subject: Re: Debianized Eclipse 2.1M5
> Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:18:47 +0100
> > I can't install libmotif, since libmotif doesn't exists. On my workstation
> > I've got libmotif3 an lesstif2.
>
> I rebuild on Eclipse with sid. But 2.1M5 didn't work with libmotif3. I
> changed to gtk binding and uploaded new packages.

OK. Just installed it and found that I had to install libmotif3 as well.
Eclipse refuses to start without it because it can't find libXm.so.3.
This was on a pretty clean sid chroot environment.

[snip]
> Thomas:
> > But another dependency is more serious: liblucene-java.
>
> I already uploaded lucene into debian, but it isn't appeared ftp-site
> yet. I also place lucene package.

Found it. Thanx.
Also found a typo in the liblucene-java-doc long description:
demonstaration

> > Is splitting up the components needing gtk and motif and have the rest
> > depend on either of these an option? Something like 'eclipse-common
> > depends: eclipse-gtk | eclipse-motif'.
>
> It may be libswt-java-commmon, libswt-java-gtk, libswt-java-motif.
> However it makes build process more complex and current build process
> was enough complex(I wrote some script and modified makefile by my
> hand). So, I support one bindings in the first.

Works ok now. Might be a bit faster than 2.0 but haven't stress-tested it
yet.

Thanx!!!

regards,
Thomas
--

	Being intelligent is not a felony. But most societies evaluate it
	as at least a misdemeanor.