Re: Debianized Eclipse 2.1M5

From: Roberto Franchini <f.rank@libero.it>
Subject: Re: Debianized Eclipse 2.1M5
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:18:47 +0100
> I can't install libmotif, since libmotif doesn't exists. On my workstation
> I've got libmotif3 an lesstif2.

I rebuild on Eclipse with sid. But 2.1M5 didn't work with libmotif3. I
changed to gtk binding and uploaded new packages.

New packages should work and build with sid. However is's not
support woody. Please check here.

deb http://yamaguch.sytes.net/~tora/tmp/eclipse/ ./

You must remove libeclipse-swt-java before install packages.

Thomas:
> But another dependency is more serious: liblucene-java.

I already uploaded lucene into debian, but it isn't appeared ftp-site
yet. I also place lucene package.

> Is splitting up the components needing gtk and motif and have the rest
> depend on either of these an option? Something like 'eclipse-common
> depends: eclipse-gtk | eclipse-motif'.

It may be libswt-java-commmon, libswt-java-gtk, libswt-java-motif.
However it makes build process more complex and current build process
was enough complex(I wrote some script and modified makefile by my
hand). So, I support one bindings in the first.

Takashi Okamoto