log4j version

Hi all.  I've been working on OpenNMS packages for Debian, and have been
supplying them from the opennms.org site for now.  I recently ran into a
build problem with the latest OpenNMS version that has prompted this
message.  I realized that Debian/sid is currently using log4j version
1.1b7, which is very out of date.  The latest OpenNMS uses 1.2.7, and
when I try to run it with tomcat4 4.1.18 everything explodes.  When I
replaced the 1.1b7 log4j.jar with 1.2.7 version, everything worked
fine.  Is there any chance log4j will get updated soon?

I see that Ola Lundqvist has recently taken over liblog4j, since it went
w/o update for some time.  Ola is obviously very busy with a big list of
packages already, so I don't mean any disrespect when I humbly beg for a
new version.  :)  If it's not too painful of any undertaking (opennms
sure was), I will try my hand at packaging the latest version of log4j
and see what happens.  If Ola or anyone else is already close to
finishing this, please let me know so I don't burn out any more brain
cells.  Feedback and thoughts appreciated.  Thanks!

-Tony