Re: Eclipse crash

Hi,

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003, Mariano Garcia wrote:
> An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
> Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=0x400ECEA9
> Function=__libc_free+0x49
> Library=/lib/libc.so.6
> [...]

In my experience, signal 11s are usually caused by bad memory. You may
want to check that with memcheck86 (intel only afaik).

> Maybe debian eclipse requires j2sdk3.1... what java version you reommend
> me?

Both j2sdk1.3 and 1.4 work. In fact, some features only work with 1.4.
I'm currently running eclipse backported on testing with a blackdown
j2sdk1.4 (package created with j2se-package; the deb from blackdown
themselves is too old). In the past I've run eclipse 2.0 and 2.1 with
blackdown j2sdk1.3.
If the Linux version of Sun's j2sdk is similar to their windows version
that one will probably work too (I have a combo of winxp, sun j2sdk1.4 and
eclipse 2.1 running at work).

hth
Thomas