Re: tomcat4 and apache1.3.x not talking to each other

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 05:47:30 -0700
"J. R. Westmoreland" <jr@jrw.org> wrote:

> Now wait a minute...
> The packages are yours, I mean Debian's group of packages.

It seems to be a configuration problem.

> The problem relates to having that set of packages on a debian system.
> I have already gotten a message from someone on this list indicating
> that he finally gave up and rebuild the whole collection from scratch
> and they all work just fine.  I'm trying to avoid that if possible
> hence my posting to this list.

If he can send a bug report about it and tells where the differences
are, maybe we can improuve the package.

> If someone has gotten this specific collection of packages to work
> under debian I would certainly like to know... :-)

I think Stefan is working on the connector and you can find some
references in the list archive. He posted some days ago an url with the
new connectors.

> I will start from scratch if needed but I had hoped to benefit from
> the GROUP effort of debian and not have to become my own maintainer
> for a collection that large.

I never said that.

I thought it was a configuration problem not related to Debian. Note
that if you ave to edit a configuration file to get it work, I don't
think it's a bug! If you have to rebuild all and it works, yes, it's a
Debian bug. Thanks to identify and maybe send a patch on the list or
better in the bts ( http://bugs.debian.org )

Regards,

-- Arnaud Vandyck, STE fi, ULg
   Formateur Cellule Programmation.