Re: [ANN] New version of j2se-package (formerly mpkg-j2sdk)

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Takashi Okamoto wrote:

> J2SDK1.3 is used for server purpose by a lot of user. I'll sponsor
> your pacakge after supporting Sun's j2sdk1.3.

I've just uploaded a new version that supports j2re1.3, j2sdk1.3, j2re1.4
and j2sdk1.4 from Sun.

> BTW, kernel-package use 'make-kpkg' command, how about 'make-j2sepkg' or
> 'make-jpkg' commands for j2se-package?

IMHO 'make-kpkg' isn't a good name, because 'kernel' doesn't occur in it.

The package is called 'j2se-package' like 'kernel-package'. The script is
also called 'j2se-package', so that users can find it, without executing
"dpkg -L", because most people will try the package name as script name.

regards,
Hubert Schmid