Re: [ANN] New version of j2se-package (formerly mpkg-j2sdk)

Hi Hubert,

From: Hubert Schmid <h.schmid@gmx.de>
Subject: [ANN] New version of j2se-package (formerly mpkg-j2sdk)
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 23:57:12 +0100 (CET)
> a long time ago, I promised to rework my package mpkg-j2sdk in two weeks.
> I didn't accomplish this in two weeks, but now there is a new version and
> I renamed the package into "j2se-package".

Great!! I looked j2se-pacakge that was refactor by plugin
architecture. If developer would like to add new jdk support such as
IBM JDK, he/she just write brief plugin shell script.

> The current version of "j2se-package" only supports Java2 SDK 1.4 from Sun
> Microsystems(TM), but I will add support for other J2REs und J2SDKs soon.
> The packages and sources can be found on my website
>    http://www.z42.de/debian/

J2SDK1.3 is used for server purpose by a lot of user. I'll sponsor
your pacakge after supporting Sun's j2sdk1.3.

BTW, kernel-package use 'make-kpkg' command, how about 'make-j2sepkg' or
'make-jpkg' commands for j2se-package?

regards,

Takashi Okamoto