Re: eclipse packages for !i386 platforms for sarge release

On Wednesday 29 October 2003 18:29, Per Bothner wrote:
> Jan Schulz wrote:
> > Theoretically (actually: practically) SWT is runable with kaffe, so
> > swt could be build on other platforms. Eclipse on the other hand will
> > not run on a current kaffe.
>
> However, eclipse will run on gcj:
> http://sources.redhat.com/eclipse/
> http://people.redhat.com/~jhealy/eclipse/
> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/classpath/2003-08/msg00004.html
> --
> 	--Per Bothner
> per@bothner.com   http://per.bothner.com/

It would certainly be good to have a compiled eclipse in Debian.  I suppose
we need to find out what patches are needed to gcj/classpath for the
current Debian unstable versions to get this to work.  There have been a lot
of updates to gcj-3.3 and classpath recently, but I have no idea whether we
are even near.

David