Re: findjava is the question, is fixjava the answer?

Jan Schulz wrote:

Unfortunately, the Xerces J developers don't want to lose that 'feature'
so the miserable code will stay in, preventing the next release of Xerces-J from being buildable on any free VM.

Than I'm particulary happy, that eclipse will lose the internal
xerces in the next version :)

What's good for eclipse, seems to be good for other projects, too. eXist is looking for ways to replace Xerces for XML serialization at least (which is where I saw the bug in xerces for the first time). Just shows how, as free java implementations gain momentum, the projects containing broken and unportable java code will suffer, and lose mind share. I see gcj as a major driving factor there.

cheers,
dalibor topic