Re: findjava is the question, is fixjava the answer?

In message:  <[🔎] 3F858E30.5030000@kaffe.org>
             Dalibor Topic <robilad@kaffe.org> writes:

>Things like -bootclasspath are only used by broken by design
>applications, anyway. It's -X*bootclasspath nowadays with Sun's VM, and
>it's there for a single reason: debugging. Applications have no
>buisiness replacing classes from the core libraries.

In general, I agree... but I'll also say that Sun has no business
putting Xerces (of a decidedly old version) into the core libraries.
But they do anyway, and if you want to use a recent version of
Xerces, you have to go dorking with the bootclasspath.

- Alex