Re: [PROPOSAL] 3. RfD on new debian java policy

Hallo Ben,

* Ben Burton wrote:
>> this 'let's make free software in debian depend on non-free software'
>> proposal is incompatible with debian's goal, afaik. turn that into a
>> 'may depend on the unfree interfaces ' and I'll be happier with it.
>I'm quite happy with this suggestion as well (must -> may for non-free
>JVM dependencies).  If at least one of the dependencies is satisfied
>- even if this is selected from a list of only free JVMs - then the
>app will presumably run successfully and so there's no problem if
>non-free JVMs are omitted from this dependency list.

Sorry, I'm not doing this. If a package can be used with unfree VM,
then this package 'should' also include this VM in the search path.

If you talk about the 'choice of the user', then there should also be
a choice to run on a unfree VM. Debian is not about *forcing* the user
to use free software.

Jan
--
Jan Schulz                     jasc@gmx.net