Re: [PROPOSAL] 3. RfD on new debian java policy

> > Programs must depend on the needed runtime environments, including
> > working versions if the bin/java unfree interfaces.
>
> bzzt! ;)
>
> this 'let's make free software in debian depend on non-free software'
> proposal is incompatible with debian's goal, afaik. turn that into a
> 'may depend on the unfree interfaces ' and I'll be happier with it.

I'm quite happy with this suggestion as well (must -> may for non-free
JVM dependencies).  If at least one of the dependencies is satisfied
- even if this is selected from a list of only free JVMs - then the
app will presumably run successfully and so there's no problem if
non-free JVMs are omitted from this dependency list.

If a user wants to run such an app under their own non-free JVM, assuming
the startup script allows the user to specify their own JVM (it does,
right?) then they can run the app the way they want to anyway.

b.