Re: [PROPOSAL] New Virtual Packages and way to handle Classpath

Hallo Dalibor,

* Dalibor Topic wrote:
>> Kaffe is actually mostly compatible with the JAVA_HOME "standard" now
>> that I use symlinks for Debian compatibility. It might be worth making
>> the JAVA_HOME structure part of Debian policy. GCJ and friends could
>> create some simulation of it by symlinking stuff into a fake JAVA_HOME
>> structure.
>I doubt it. JAVA_HOME isn't specified anywhere by Sun AFAIK, nor what should be
>in there, or how it should work. It's just a part of the ugly java folklore,
>like trigraphs in C. ;)

But it has a nice ring to it, as almsot every package uses it. So
making some requirements (like bin/java, bin/javac, includes/..,
javadoc?), which should satisfy almost every package and buildtime
requirement.

Jan
--
Jan Schulz                     jasc@gmx.net