Re: trying to make a new .deb

On Thursday 07 August 2003 11:28, Paolo Ariano wrote:
> reading the debian-new-maint-guide the first problem is to use:
> dh_make obviously ... there is no makefile :|
>
> so is there some document that i didn't find and i've to read it (or
> probably i've not read very well the others) but:
>
> where i've to start to pack it ?

I would suggest to apt-get source of some Java application and check how
that does it... e.g. Jmol on mentors.debian.net, which is not in Debian itself
yet (not sponsored), or a simple Java application in Debian itself...

To all, what package would be best to download as an example of how to
package Java applications as Debian package?

Egon