Re: ANN: Jetty package on mentors.debian.net

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 10:35:08AM +1000, Greg Wilkins wrote:

> Ignore most of my last email.
>
> Of course the jars in jetty/ext are symlinks.
> They are just synlinks to the wrong place.

[...]

> Changing this starts the jasper servlets - but they now get
> org/w3c/dom/DOMError.  Thus you also need to add the following
> symlinks to jetty/ext:
>
> lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           23 Jul 16 10:19 xml-apis.jar ->
> ../../java/xml-apis.jar
> lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           28 Jul 16 10:20 xmlParserAPIs.jar
> -> ../../java/xmlParserAPIs.jar
>
> These should perhaps be to specific versions of these jars?

I don't know if there is a version in debian which will _not_ work with
jetty. So I'll leave out the versions for now.

> With those changes, it is now running the jetty demo fine.
>
> However, I'm wondering if a jetty debian ome page would be a good thing.
> It could describe the setup and then have a link to the standard
> jetty demo.   I'm happy to put such a page together if you like.
>
> Actually - it may be better to only have a cut down demo, so that
> it can be removed simply by removing the webapps entry.  At the
> moment, much of the demo is configured in the jetty.xml and will
> need that file to be edited to turn these demos off.  Probably
> OK if we describe how to do that on a jetty-debian home page.

Ok, I stripped down the demo and made it a webapp in
/usr/share/jetty/webapps. It would great if you would provide a
jetty-debian-homepage like debian-apache does. Additionally I will
provide webapps for admin and javadoc.

> Finally- if you have an ant target that builds the deb packages,
> please send it to me and I'll put it in the standard Jetty package
> under jetty/extra/debian.

"apt-get source jetty" will fetch the source tarball and the diff I
applied to the jetty distribution from the mentors server. Look into the
diff to see what I've changed. Mainly your have to add the directory
/debian to the source. This is where the debian package specific files
lie.

-billy.

--
Meisterbohne   Meisterbohne GbR, Küfner, Mekle, Meier   Tel: +49-731-399 499-0
   eLösungen   Söflinger Straße 100                     Fax: +49-731-399 499-9