Re: ANN: Jetty package on mentors.debian.net

Ignore most of my last email.

Of course the jars in jetty/ext are symlinks.
They are just synlinks to the wrong place.

You have:

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           44 Jul 16 09:39 jasper-compiler.jar -> ../../tomcat4/common/lib/jasper-compiler.jar
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           43 Jul 16 09:39 jasper-runtime.jar -> ../../tomcat4/common/lib/jasper-runtime.jar

when it should be

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           37 Jul 16 10:13 jasper-compiler.jar -> ../../tomcat4/lib/jasper-compiler.jar
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           36 Jul 16 10:14 jasper-runtime.jar -> ../../tomcat4/lib/jasper-runtime.jar

Changing this starts the jasper servlets - but they now get
org/w3c/dom/DOMError.  Thus you also need to add the following
symlinks to jetty/ext:

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           23 Jul 16 10:19 xml-apis.jar -> ../../java/xml-apis.jar
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           28 Jul 16 10:20 xmlParserAPIs.jar -> ../../java/xmlParserAPIs.jar

These should perhaps be to specific versions of these jars?

With those changes, it is now running the jetty demo fine.

However, I'm wondering if a jetty debian ome page would be a good thing.
It could describe the setup and then have a link to the standard
jetty demo.   I'm happy to put such a page together if you like.

Actually - it may be better to only have a cut down demo, so that
it can be removed simply by removing the webapps entry.  At the
moment, much of the demo is configured in the jetty.xml and will
need that file to be edited to turn these demos off.  Probably
OK if we describe how to do that on a jetty-debian home page.

Finally- if you have an ant target that builds the deb packages,
please send it to me and I'll put it in the standard Jetty package
under jetty/extra/debian.

thanks again.

--
Greg Wilkins<gregw@mortbay.com>             Phone/fax: +44 7092063462