Re: Jetty packages are on it's way

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 12:14:26PM +0200, Stefan Gybas wrote:
> Philipp Meier wrote:
>
> >libtomcat4-java contains a lot of java libraries, even libraries that
> >are already packaged in debian. It's size is over 1MB, and I need only
> >250K.
>
> tomcat4 should not contain any libraries that are available in other
> Debian packages, they should just be symlinks. If I've missed a JAR
> please file a bug report.

Sorry, my fault. I just looked into the deb file and oversaw that the
files I saw were actually _symlinks_.

> I've already thought about splitting jasper, this way I could get rid of
> some of libtomcat4-java's dependencies. On the other hand, IMHO Debian
> already has too many packages so why create another package just to save
> disk space in some cases? We really should not worry about disk space
> when running Java server applications.

Sounds reasonable. I will go on with a dependency on libtomcat4-java then.

-billy.

--
Meisterbohne   Meisterbohne GbR, Küfner, Mekle, Meier   Tel: +49-731-399 499-0
   eLösungen   Söflinger Straße 100                     Fax: +49-731-399 499-9