Jetty packages are on it's way

Hello debian java users,

I made some preliminary jetty packages wich I want to share with the
public. Because this the first debian package I built, I'm sure there
are thing I did wrong, so please feel free to nag me. I talked to the
upstram maintainer which will support my effort at first.

While packaging I had a few problems:

Jetty depends on jasper. Jasper is not packaged standalone but included
in libtomcat4-java. Shall I file a bug-report against libtomcat4-java or
what's the proposed procedure in this case?

To enable all of jetty's features it depends on external java libraries
which are not packaged in debian yet and which are not distributed with
the source. Dpkg-sources cannot handle this kind of "binary changes"
to the upstream source; I read on debian mailing lists to uuencode the
binaries and decode it during build. Is this still recommended or is
there as better solution. If it's the way to go, are the helper scripts
for this?

Both tomcat4 and jetty are servlet engines. It would IMHO make sense to
make both provide sth. like "java-servlet-engine". The debian java policy
doesn't mention anything in this way. If more than one servlet engine
can be installed, how will /usr/share/java/webapps be handled?

-billy.
--
Meisterbohne   Meisterbohne GbR, Küfner, Mekle, Meier   Tel: +49-731-399 499-0
   eLösungen   Söflinger Straße 100                     Fax: +49-731-399 499-9