Re: SWT choice on Eclipse

Jan Schulz <default@katzien.de> wrote:
> Hallo Arnaud,
>
> * Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
> >Jan Schulz <muelleimer@usenet.katzien.de> wrote:
> >> * How to handle the two different plugins in a autmatically manner
> >'eclipse-gtk'  and 'eclipse-motif'  wrappers and  update-alternatives to
> >have an 'eclipse' wrapper.
>
> Just a wrapper for a simple '-ws gtk' and '-ws motif' change?

Yes, I think it will be easier to manage it with update-alternatives.

> My first I dea was to ask a 'question' after installing about
> 'which ws to use' and let every swt lib add on line to a file in
> /etc, which is removed, when this package is remove.

Well...

> >What are the new SWT drops?
>
> Have a look at the download page: eclipse.org offerns the swt jars
> and libs separatly together with ths source code.

So,  SWT can  be  a library  completly  independant of  eclipse. So  the
wrappers will  not be valid because  you'll have to face  the problem of
*every* java  applications/libraries that  will be build  on the  top of
SWT... motif or gtk?

Isn't it  possible to know what's  available at runtime? or  maybe set a
new environment variable?

Best regards,

-- Arnaud Vandyck, STE fi, ULg
   Formateur Cellule Programmation.