Re: Permissions and Java

Michael S Daines wrote:
I've been having a few problems which are clearly related to permissions and
some which may be.  For example, when I load an app that creates DB tables, I
get a message right away about:

Jun 3, 2003 7:18:03 AM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$3 run
WARNING: Could not create system preferences directory. System preferences are
unusable.

You are running as normal user and java cannot create the system preferences
directory on your computer (perference api is introduced in java 1.4)

Just run the program one time as root and it should be resolved.

Wolfgang