Re: j2sdk build-depends cannot be satisfied?

Stephen Zander wrote:

    Per> libgcj has had "core classes and JVM" (including ClassLoaders
    Per> and JNI) for years.

The why doesn't the package 'Provide: java1-runtime'?

Possibly a different concept of "core classes" (GCJ does not yet
have a working AWT); possibly lack of knowledge about GCJ.

I don't know - I'm neither a Debian maintainer or (currently) user;
just a friendly by-stander and upstream maintainer (and ex-Debian user).
I'm on the list because I'm interested in standards for GNU Java.
--
	--Per Bothner