Re: JNI Installation Directories (again)

> Personally, I feel they're 'just libraries' and should be treated as
> such, going into /usr/lib.

My argument for /usr/lib/jni is that other programs aren't going to want to
link with them, so it's better not to clutter up the default shared library
paths.

It's the same reason C python modules are placed beneath /usr/lib/pythonX.Y -
these are just libraries, but you only ever use them as python imports, so
you avoid cluttering up /usr/lib.

> To me the key is that we agree on a single place to put JNI libraries.

Yep, that and to also have the JVMs support this single place by including it
in the default java.library.path.

Ben.

--

Ben Burton
benb@acm.org  |  bab@debian.org

Why can't they have gay people in the army?  Personally, I think they are
just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?"
	- Jon Stewart