Re: java-ignorant question

wow.

i am so glad I wrote to the list -- I *never* would have thought to
check the locale.

you were right -- changing back from en_US.tf8 to en_US made the
errors go away.  I assume the second set of errors was somehow caused
by the first set -- that, being unable to access some fundamental set
of java classes, javac wasn't able to interpret the mir classes
properly.

thank you thank you thank you!

matt