Re: Help installing SDK+JRE

George Hamilton wrote:

Erik

You have to check that javac in in you path. typing 'which javac' will tell you the path of the executable. If not, it will tell you it can't be found.

To put in your path find manual where the java executables say
/root/usr/loca/java/bin for example. then

export PATH=/root/usr/loca/java/bin:$PATH

you can put this line in your $HOME/.bashrc file

George

Erik Browaldh <eribro@Pool.Informatik.RWTH-Aachen.DE> wrote:

Hello everyone,

Im a newcommer in the Linux-world, therefore, all kind of help may be help :-)

I have problems installing these self-extracting files
j2re-1_4_1_01-linux-i586.bin
j2sdk-1_4_1_01linux-i586.bin

I've put them under /root/usr/local , where I try to extract them
after reading the license-agreement, unpacking process starts

but when trying to write a Javaprogram, javac cant be found, why??

thanks in advanced!
Erik