Re: L10N resources

On Sunday 22 September 2002 12:44, Mark Howard wrote:
> Hi,
>   We're working (upstream) on a java program which includes multiple
> l10n files, based on ResourceBundles. The java documentation on the
> placement of these is very sketchy, but we think that the only
> requirement is that they reside somewhere within the classpath.
>
> We could easily include them in the main jar file to go in
> /usr/share/java, however most packages seem to place such data in
> /usr/share/locale (I'm assuming this is so that users may easily delete
> unwanted languages). This would also be possible, although would
> probably require a more complicated wrapper script for /usr/bin.

I've always just placed them inside the jar file of the software. Then it is
easiest found from within the software itself... (with getResource)...
To see how I did it, look at the source code of the JCPCDK module
on SourceForge:

  http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=10084

Look at the JChemPaint.java on how to load the resources, and build.xml (Ant)
on how we add them to the jar...

regards,

Egon