L10N resources

Hi,
  We're working (upstream) on a java program which includes multiple
l10n files, based on ResourceBundles. The java documentation on the
placement of these is very sketchy, but we think that the only
requirement is that they reside somewhere within the classpath.

We could easily include them in the main jar file to go in
/usr/share/java, however most packages seem to place such data in
/usr/share/locale (I'm assuming this is so that users may easily delete
unwanted languages). This would also be possible, although would
probably require a more complicated wrapper script for /usr/bin.

Where does Debian want these files installed?

[please maintain the CC to the indexgen list in replies]

| Mark Howard               cam.ac.uk   mh344@ |
| http://www.tildemh.com    tildemh.com    mh@ |