Re: dummy java2-runtime in sid?

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Greg Wilkins wrote:

> The blackdown packages don't show in the lists I get via apt-get update

Yup. blackdown has it's own mirrors and the inclusion of their debs in
Debian is hindered by some legalese. Something to do with being liable.
Search the archive for more info.

> of sid.    Nor do I actually want to use them.   I'm happy getting and
> installing the JVMs I use directly (various due to testing needs).
>
> I'm sure there used to be a dummy java package so that you could install
> packages that depended on a jre package, but you supplied your own?

Yup, they used to exist. They've been pulled 'cause ftp-masters don't
seem to like dummy-packages. See
http://lists.debian.org/debian-java/2002/debian-java-200202/msg00002.html
for more on this.

You can always build your own dummy with the equivs package.

regards,
Thomas
--

	- Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.