Re: Success with IBM JDK 1.3.0 for PPC _WITH_ JIT

Michel Dänzer wrote:

> > What is so bad about Java and Flash anyway?
>
> They're not bad per se, but IME they're mostly good for complementary
> stuff and sites which require them are simply broken IMHO
> ('accessibility' comes to mind).

The problem IMO is that these powerful technologies are
frequently used simply for glitz and not to provide real
content or capability.  The same can be said about
'gratuitous gifs', i.e., using image files to implement
simple things like a list of choices when a few lines of
text would do.  The result is a bloated web with a high
fluff to content ratio.  Does this mean we should get rid
of images?  No.  Just try to avoid the sites that misuse
them, and be aware of the issue so we don't misuse them
ourselves!  Same with Java, Flash, etc.

Rick
--
                  Rick