Re: Experimental Tomcat 4.0.2 package

>>>>> "Stefan" == Stefan Gybas <gybas@trustsec.de> writes:

Stefan> I just removed all in /var/cache/tomcat4 and tried 0.6 and it
Stefan> worked fine on my system (i386, Blackdown JDK 1.3.1 and Sun
Stefan> JDK 1.4). Which JDK are you using? Please note that all
Stefan> versions up to 0.6 have a bug in /etc/init.d/tomcat4 - it
Stefan> reads /etc/default/tomcat instead of /etc/default/tomcat4 for
Stefan> possible JAVA_HOME directories. I have just uploaded 0.7 which
Stefan> fixes this problem.

I upgraded to 0.7, disabled security and then it worked (Blackdown JDK
1.3.1).

I don't like disabling security, but for now, it doesn't really matter.

Another minor issue: I run my system with /usr readonly, making it
difficult to install new applications (tomcat4 no longer makes a
symlink to /var). I'm going to look into mount --bind to fix that.

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <guy.geens@cgey.be>