Re: Experimental Tomcat 4.0.2 package

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 08:44:51PM +0100, Stefan Gybas wrote:

> I have created an experimental package of Tomcat 4.0.2 and put it at
> http://people.debian.org/~sgybas/tomcat4/
>
> Please test it, read README.Debian (really!) and send me comments and
> suggestions for improvements. I'll update the package at the above address
> from time to time until it can be uploaded to the official Debian
> archives.

I installed this package on my laptop to play with it.  It installed
correctly, and starts up OK, but doesn't seem to service HTTP requests.  For
example:

  http://localhost:8180/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample

hangs indefinitely, with no tomcat/java processes using CPU.  Same thing for
a locally installed WAR application.  It appears that a connection is
established and the request is sent:

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
tcp      447      0 127.0.0.1:8180          127.0.0.1:1068          ESTABLISHED

But never processed.  I tried with IBM's JDK 1.3 and Sun's 1.4 release
candidate with the same results.

--
 - mdz