Re: NBIO (Non-blocking I/O)

> >    4) Is it my responsibility to ensure that the system-wide
> >       $LD_LIBRARY_PATH includes /usr/lib/java (or /usr/lib/java/jni),
> >       so that the JNI libraries are found?
>
> IMO, You should not defined it. Because JNI libraries are used by only
> Java applications. Java applications should define $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> when they are executed.

Upon further thought, I don't think I understand this.  How is this
expected to work?

I don't recall that I've ever worked with a program that modified
its own LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  I guess I've generally expected that the
environment would be set up prior to running the program, as the program
itself couldn't really be expected to understand the environment it's
running in.

Or have I missed something obvious to everyone other than me? :-)

Thanks...

KEN

--
Kenneth J. Pronovici <pronovic@ieee.org>