Re: Jars from source

Lars Bahner <lars@bahner.com> wrote:

> as it happens I am working packageing openantivirus's ScannerDaemon. It
> is a .jar file and seems to work well. Now with the packageing I assume
> I have to create the .jar-file from the Java sources due to Debian
> Standards. Problems is I have no idea how to go about this.
>
> There is a file ``build.xml'' which seems to be the equivalent of a
> makefile, but, alas, I have no idea how to invoke this.

build.xml is related to ant, a jakarta project to build java projects:
http://jakarta.apache.org/ant

But you can apt-get it:

arnaud@vbstefi30:~$ apt-cache show ant
Package: ant
Section: contrib/devel
Installed-Size: 2500
Maintainer: Stefan Gybas <sgybas@debian.org>
Architecture: all
Version: 1.4.1-1
Depends: java-virtual-machine, libxerces-java (>= 1.3.0-1)
Suggests: jython, libbsf-java, liboro-java, libxalan2-java, junit, antlr, liblog4j, libregexp-java
Filename: pool/contrib/a/ant/ant_1.4.1-1_all.deb
Size: 1270120
MD5sum: f5f9b0eeff1c9e1454ef9b5d46264a22
 A system independent (i.e. not shell based) build tool that uses XML
 files as "Makefiles".
 .
 For more information see http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/index.html.

-- Arnaud