Jars from source

Hello world,

as it happens I am working packageing openantivirus's ScannerDaemon. It
is a .jar file and seems to work well. Now with the packageing I assume
I have to create the .jar-file from the Java sources due to Debian
Standards. Problems is I have no idea how to go about this.

There is a file ``build.xml'' which seems to be the equivalent of a
makefile, but, alas, I have no idea how to invoke this.

I suppose i could make a script that creates a .jar file copying the
manifests in source tree to the appropriate place and use fastjar or
something, but that is hardly The Right Way.

Please cc: me for replies. I am not subscribed to debian-java.
--
Lars Bahner,
http://lars.bahner.com/

Nihil est sine ratione cur potius sit, quam non sit.