Architecture question

Hi.  Packages libeditline-java and libreadline-java won't build on ia64/m68k
which AFAICT have no java complier at all in main.  I can't make them
architecture: all since they contain compiled JNI modules.

Thus the build-depends can't be satisfied on these architectures.  Does this
mean I need an architecture: string in my own control file?  (I ask because I
recall never having to do this in the days when KDE would not build for
alpha).

It would actually be a trivial matter to make libeditline-java/etc build on
ia64/m68k, but this would either require including a precompiled jar in the
sources which I am loathe to do, or splitting into two packages, one with the
.jar that is architecture: all and one with the JNI module which is
architecture: any, meaning that other architectures don't even need a java
compiler.  But that also seems a little heavy-handed.

Anyway, I'd like thoughts/suggestions, because otherwise these packages will
never make it into testing, which means jython will never make it into
testing (which is what concerns me more).

Ben.

--

Ben Burton
benb@acm.org  |  bab@debian.org

If this is the way Queen Victoria treats her prisoners, she doesn't
deserve to have any. (Complaining at having to wait in the rain for
transport to take him to prison)
	- Oscar Wilde