Re: New on the list - java on debian?

On  0, Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> wrote:
> The most glaring missing feature in gcj is AWT.  If you're
> running server-style or other non-GUI application,  I suggest
> you try it.  See htpp://gcc.gnu.org/java/

Has anybody tried running Tomcat with gcj? Tomcat should be THE Java server.. if anything should be supported, then Tomcat.

Does gcj support loading new .JAR files dynamically at run-time like with its .WAR files at all (i.e. creating custom ClassLoader implementations)? I can hardly imagine how it implements that, except maybe compiling every .class file in the .WAR file as shared library. Still complicated enough. But Tomcat requires that.