Re: jdbc drivers

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 11:50:00AM -0300, Eduardo Gargiulo wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 09:13:46AM -0500, Matthew H. Ray wrote:
> >
> > Doesn't Oracle 8i come with it's own JDBC drivers?  Look around in the Oracle
> > install and you'll find a directory called jdbc and the drivers are there.
>
> Yes, I think there are the drivers.
>
> classes111.zip
> classes111_g.zip
> jndi.zip
> jta.zip
> nls_charset11.zip
The name of the zip to look for is classes12.zip  That's the JDBC 2.0 drivers for Oracle 8i.  I believe you can find them as a part of version 8.1.6 or higher.  Else, you may want to scrounge around on technet.oracle.com for them as their own download.

There is also another set of drivers in a jar called 12classes816.zip, but those are JDBC 1.0 drivers, not to be confused with the one above.  The classes111.zip are really old, and i wouldn't recommend using them with Java 2 platform.  If, for some reason, you are using java 1.1.7, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Dan