Re: Summary of the id?as.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 06:15:32PM -0700, Rob Helmer wrote:

> > > Well the java policy says that all java programs must have a startup
> > > script.
> >
> > 'java' is a program too, though, isn't it?
>
> Nope :
>
> [rhelmer@here] 6:14pm ~ >cat `which java` | head
> #!/bin/sh

Yep, looks like a program to me, at least as far as Debian policy is
concerned where it says that the user shouldn't have to set special
environment variables. I'm just pointing out that some kind of default
classpath is required by that policy.

Oh, hang on. The original post said:

> * This discusses the default classpath, except the classpath that
>   are needed by the jvm.

... so perhaps I've missed the point. I'll get my coat.