Re: Java 1.2 & 1.3 'in' testing

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 07:48:11AM +0100, Egon Willighagen wrote:
> > Footnotes:
> > [1] There's one restriction: If somebody wants to distribute the
> >     packages on CD he has to ask Sun/Blackdown for permission.
>
> Wouldn't that be a problem? Since Debian is shipped as CD very often?
> You could simply not put non-free on CD but....

That's no problem, since 'non-free' isn't a part of Debian. If you're
distributing a Debian release, you're distributing 'main'.

'non-free' is stuff that might have gone into 'main', if we were able to
ship it according to our conditions (according to the DFSG). Everybody who
likes to distribute 'non-free' has to check the licenses. Some licenses in
non-free don't allow re-distribution on CD at all, so if we're selling CDs
of all of non-free, you're certainly breaking some licenses even at this
point.

    Gregor